A woman has been convicted of involuntary manslaughter in the death of her 18-month-old daughter who wasn't connected to blood-oxygen monitoring equipment as she slept.
Rebecca Cotes of Grand Rapids was accused of gross negligence in the death of Hannah Hoag, who suffocated in March after a tracheal tube slipped out.
The verdict was announced Friday.
Cotes told jurors that the blood-oxygen device wasn't used because it was malfunctioning and setting off a false alarm.
There was testimony that Cotes stopped an overnight nursing service.